Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sculpture: Morpheus




I haven't posted anything for 2 weeks since I spent the whole time with a cold and lots of assignments, the great thing is I survived and have a lot of work to show :-). I have decided to post each assignment as a separate entry so they can be tracked back easily, so the next few posts will all be assignments completed or in-progress for the last 2 weeks.

The first assignment in sculpture class is to sculpt the head/bust of any existing or imaginary character, and I chose Morpheus from The Matrix. We started by sketching the front and profile views of the head, followed by tracing the lines onto a sheet of acetate, then finally starting on the sculpture with a modeling clay called "Super Sculpy". Here are some pics of what I have so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment